2023 Self Advocates Conference
Attention Self Advocates!
The 2023 Self Advocates Conference will be held online Saturday, April 29, 2023.
This year’s theme is “We fall, fight, and rise as one across Arizona.”
What to Expect
The 2023 Self Advocates Conference will bring Self Advocates, Family Members, Caregivers, and Professionals serving the Arizona disability community from around the state together to learn and talk about the issues important to all of us. The conference will include:
- Self advocate keynote speakers
- Presentations on issues important to self advocates
- Introduction to self advocacy groups across Arizona
- Online fun and games!
Call for Presenters
Self Advocacy Solutions of Arizona is pleased to announce we are accepting proposals for presentations to the 2023 Self Advocates Conference on Saturday, April 29, 2023.
The 2023 conference will be an online-only event.
The theme of this conference is “We Fall, Fight, and Rise as One Across Arizona”.
We are looking for presentations and/or panels that focus on the following topic areas:
• Basics of Self Advocacy
• Advanced Self Advocacy and Self-Determination
• Increasing Involvement of Self Advocates in Their Own Social Services Planning
• Managing Life Stages & Transitions
• Civic Engagement
• Financial Literacy
• Organizing and Operating a Self Advocacy Group
• Relationships and Abuse Awareness and Prevention
• Community Living
* Sessions will be 60 minutes long.
PROPOSAL DEADLINE: January 27, 2023
Stay tuned for our conference registration page. Conference registration will open on March 1.
In 2021 we hosted our first Self Advocates Conference. Check out these great videos of our presenters from the conference!